Reply by Holiday Systems International

Holiday Systems International (HSI) is dedicated to delivering outstanding service and value. We are also very sorry to hear of your experience with your third-party purchase. Please understand, the marketing entity that enrolled you into the HSI program is a separate entity from HSI and HSI has no employees working at any sales locations. All marketing entities operate under specific independent contractor agreements, which include many consumer safeguards. If you believe that a marketing entity has misrepresented our products and services, we are very interested in hearing about this. Additionally, and for our customer’s protection, HSI ensures that all of our benefits are clearly explained in writing and we go to great lengths to ensure that each newly enrolled HSI Private Client is fully informed of these benefits with a comprehensive HSI Enrollment Application. This HSI Enrollment Application requires your initials and signature to ensure you understand our benefits, the separation between HSI and the marketing entity, and that you were not promised something outside the scope of our program benefits. Again, if a marketing entity has behaved unprofessionally, please contact HSI directly so we can take action.

HSI is an honest and ethical company, dedicated to our customer’s complete satisfaction. For over 24-years, our number one goal has been consumer value. When we discover a customer has a concern, we care deeply and make every attempt to assist them. We would like to have the opportunity to personally address your concerns. Please contact us toll free at 800-353-0774 (U.S./Canada), or 702-254-3100 (Direct) so we can address any of your questions or concerns.
Author's
Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
1.4
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

We purchased a vacation package through premierecancunvacations in august. The agreement was that we would have to attend a time share presentation in cancun.

but not in the other destination of Costa Rica. When we got to Villas Sol in Costa Rica, we were told that it was mandatory, that we would be charged full rack rate unless we attended their sales presentation. Then after drinks and hours of some sales presentation. We were talked into buying a membership with HSI.

as soon as we left the office we realized that this was absolutely not something we wanted. I looked up online and saw that these purchases should have a 5 or 10 day window for rescinding the purchase. We went back in to the sales office < 24 hours later to request that we cancel the purchase. Siting that we simply can't afford it as we had recently purchased a home and had many new expenses.

Its just not for us. They told us it would be no problem. That it was pretty straightforward and they would get back to me within 8 - 10 days. This made me nervous because that 10 day window was counting down.

Well, before the time was up i emailed the sales manager and asked the status, I did not hear back. finally now that over 17 days have passed, i get an email back saying that due to Costa Rican law , they can not cancel it. I tried to talk to Holiday Systems International , to figure out what options we have, but they just dish it back to Villas sol saying that we must speak with villas sol, i basically have no recourse. I don't know how or who to take up the case with.

But if HSI deals with such shady partners. then i suspect that their business practices arent entirely level either. I didn't purchase a perishable good. it was a an account on a website.

It should not be locked in stone. I do not intend to use this membership and do not want it at all. I initialed the contract, yes that was my fault and i feel foolish. But cancelation is not impossible.

They are just choosing to keep the money. because they are 10,000 miles away.

Review about: Holiday Systems International Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: High pressure sales pitch with vague promises.